This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

6.15.2010

One down, eternity to go

Well, it's official. We've been married a full year now.

Last Sunday, I woke up next to Ryan for the 365th time. I still can't believe that I found him and that everything worked out for us, but I'm glad it did. So, so glad.

Ryan's little sister asked us if we could BELIEVE it had already been a YEAR?! Our answer: "Umm, yeah. That seems about right."

We made pretty good use of our first official year as a family. We moved into our first apartment. Visited Las Vegas for our honeymoon. Came back and worked during the summer. Visited Nauvoo. Went back to school. Celebrated our half-iversary. Celebrated the holidays together. Celebrated everything. Made our first family stockings. Got a hand-me-down Christmas tree. Celebrated the New Year.

We turned 22 and 23. I graduated from college. We moved out of our first place. Went to Disneyland. Stopped in Vegas for a few days. Moved into our second place.

Started going to a new ward. Ryan started at a new school. I got an internship. I started commuting to work and Ryan got really good at making dinner (better than me, I think). We started getting really excited for Friday dates because we don't see each other all the time anymore.

Every day of the last year, I've learned something about Ryan that makes me love him even more. Every day, we've knelt in prayer as a family and I've been so thankful that things worked out the way they did. Every day hasn't been perfect, but every day has been part of a wonderful ride.

Can't wait for year two.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam and Bri said...

congrats you guys!

marriage is quite lovely, isn't it? :)

June 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Happy happy anniversary! (again) Thanks for letting us share it with you. Bre- I'm also so glad you found Ryan...or was it the other way around?... Because I'm so glad your part of our family now! I'm sure the second year is as wonderful as the first. You have a lot to look forward to!

June 16, 2010 at 12:14 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Congratulations! Celebrating an anniversary is always so much fun. :) May many many many more wonderful years continue.

June 16, 2010 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Jenn J. said...

You'll keep learning new things about Ryan all the time and just when you think you know everything, he'll surprise you. For example, after ten years of marriage, I found out for the first time the other day that Eric took break dancing lessons when he was a kid. Seriously. How I missed out on that little gem of information for so long is beyond me.
I'm so happy for the two of you and love you both- if for no other reason than the mere fact that you can both be happy with a rusty, hand-me-down Christmas tree. (I think I remember the words "just turn the rusty side to the wall.") Happy Anniversary!

June 18, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home