This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

9.16.2010

Haymitch Abernathy

If you're not a huge fan, forgive me. I promise not to make every post Hunger Games-related. But I am seriously torn on this one.

Entertainment Weekly conducted a poll to find out who readers thought should star in the Hunger Games movie. They had Katniss and Peeta and Gale ... blah blah blah ... they looked like pretty good picks. But I about died when I saw who they chose for Haymitch. Died of perfectness. (I know, not a word. Still: appropriate.)
Hugh Laurie: Pros: 1. He already knows how to act like a drug addict. 2. He looks a little underfed. 3. He seems smart. Cons: He wouldn't have lasted five minutes in the first Quarter Quell.

But now I'm all torn. Because the runner-up might be equally awesome as Haymitch.
Robert Downey Jr.: Pros: 1. He has "fighter" in him. 2. He can do eccentric. 3. He seems smart. Cons: Too handsome.

What do you think? I might lose sleep over this. Or maybe not. But, still curious.

P.S. They picked the PERFECT Effie. She won by a landslide. Wait for it ... Kristin Chenoweth. I know, right?

7 Comments:

Blogger cecily said...

awesome!

September 17, 2010 at 1:56 PM  
Blogger Linzvor said...

House as Haymitch sounds perfect!

September 17, 2010 at 2:24 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

AHH! You are RIGHT about the perfect Effie! And I would have to go with House... he has the look, the sarcastic attitude. Robert Downey Jr I'm sure would make a great Haymitch, except you are right-- he is FAR too handsome, and also too muscley!

September 18, 2010 at 3:37 PM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

Kristen Chenoweth is beyond perfect.

Hugh Laurie's attitude is spot on, but I always pictured Haymitch as having a serious beer belly.

Robert Downey Jr. also had the attitude thing going for him, but he's just too attractive.

September 21, 2010 at 6:11 PM  
Blogger Jenn J. said...

As you know, I'm totally bored by this post. :) BUT on the positive side, I just saw your blog list of "cool blogs" over there on the right side and I just wasted a half hour of my life looking at crafts. :) Loved it, so thanks!

September 23, 2010 at 9:18 AM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

Whoa. These two couldn't be more perfect! Although, I think Hugh Laurie would be the better of the two. He's had more experience acting as "the jerk".

September 23, 2010 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Laurie. Definitely.

October 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home