This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

10.15.2010

Overdue

Frankly, I don't know why this post didn't come a lot sooner.

I was walking around the grocery store today, thinking about my friend Liz. Liz Gilbert. Her and I spend hours every day bonding on the 801 bus to Salt Lake City. Actually, I've given more attention lately to Elizabeth McKenna and Juliet Ashton. Before them, it was Katniss Everdeen, Kendra and Seth Sorenson, and Billy Pilgrim. Also, Jonas from the Giver. Does he even have a last name? I can't remember.

Kathleen Kelley spoke straight to my heart in You've Got Mail. "So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around?"

But reading does so much. I feel like it's an escape (Mockingjay got me through some of the longest nights I've had in a long while), a party with old friends or new friends, depending on what book I've picked up. When we watch Harry Potter or (as we did tonight) Eat Pray Love, I find myself whispering things to Ryan like, "He's just like that. You need to know the character, but trust me, it's not surprising that he'd say that." As though we've been friends forever. And it might sound silly, but to me, we have.
Books make me feel like I've been places I've never seen; that I've done things I've never done; that I've met people who have never lived. I'm pretty sure that makes me really, really dorky, but I can't help but want to go to London and visit Kings Cross Station, to see the island of Guernsey, to learn Italian, to see Dresden.

I'll give you three guesses as to what I'll be doing when winter rolls around and our cozy blankets are beckoning. And the first two don't count.

5 Comments:

Blogger JGW said...

It doesn't make you dorky, because I feel the same way. Actually, I'm reading "Eat, Pray, Love" right now — I am craving Italia. Next up is "Little Women," and I'm sure a trip east will be in order.

October 16, 2010 at 2:16 PM  
Blogger Linzvor said...

Your making me want to read a novel now! I've just been reading non fiction stuff lately...so I think it's time to do something a little more fun :]

October 16, 2010 at 5:24 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I spent an hour in the library today just reading magazines and soaking up the sunny atmosphere. I love getting caught up in a new book, but I haven't had the time for awhile. Things are finally slowing down, though...

October 16, 2010 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger Lylene said...

My girl always has loved a good book. Happy reading!

October 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Charlotte said...

I don't need to tell you how much I love this pots and how much I relate. I love how reading can provide both escape and perspective. Reading is just the best.

October 18, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home