This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

6.01.2012

Home

My brother Greg said that when he went on his mission to Australia, he felt truly far from home when he looked up at the sky and saw different stars.

I'm not nearly far enough away to see different stars, and I didn't really leave home because my family is here with me. But I do feel a bit removed from our extended families, and nothing makes me feel further away than the birds here.

These red couches make me happy.
Birds chirp differently in Texas. The two toned woo-oooo, woo-oooo Ryan and I both grew up hearing is gone and replaced with all kinds of strange sounds coming from beautiful birds.

I love my kitchen, even when it's tiny.
That said, unfamiliar birds aren't much to complain about. Texas has been good to us. We drove into the city a few days ago, and Dallas is unlike any big city I've been in. It's so spread out and so warm. And speaking of heat, we love the weather here—dare I say, especially the humidity. We aren't pounding our way through gallons of lotion anymore and Lyla's cold lasted a few days when it would have lasted weeks in Utah. So far, so good.

And I'll admit, swimming helps with that. Ryan and I like cooling down in our complex's pool, but Lyla loves it. She sits in her little floating seat, leaning forward to lick the water (as much as I try to stop it) or leaned back with her ankles crossed in front of her, relaxing like she was born for the water (I love this). She loves swimming and is truly her father's daughter.

She's really, really like us.
Speaking of being her father's daughter (and OK, maybe her mother's as well), Lyla is quite the little achiever. Since we got here, she's managed to learn how to use her arms and legs to scoot around the floor and get to what she wants. Some people call that "crawling," but only big kids crawl. Lyla couldn't possibly be old enough to crawl. She's just my little baby. So for now, we'll call it "scooting" and that is that.

I love how open it is.
In short, life here is pretty similar to life in Utah. I have Ryan. I have Lyla. And from what I understand, that constitutes home, even if the birds sound funny.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chans Fam said...

How long are you in TX for?

June 1, 2012 at 3:33 PM  
Blogger Lylene said...

The apartment is really cute. You know I love those red couches too.

June 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Sua filha muito rapidamente terá um blog,e quanto a natação que eu acho ótimo evita muitas preocupações e traumas.Minhas filhas aprenderam cedo também,foi bom para elas.Amei seu sofá.Seja feliz.Deus te abençoe e a toda sua família.Beijos.

June 1, 2012 at 5:08 PM  
Blogger Breanna said...

Hey Chandee, just until mid-August. Ryan has an internship here. If it's a good fit, we'll be back next year but Ryan has two semesters left before he graduates.

June 1, 2012 at 6:14 PM  
Blogger Aaron and Megan said...

Texas for the summer? What a fun adventure! We just moved from the gulf coast and like you, we feel in love with the warm sunny days. It will however get hot and much more humid there. However, since you are leaving in August you will leave at its peak. Have fun down there!!

Oh yes, about the birds. I agree! The birds in that region of the country are much different than the mountain west. They seem larger and at times I found them slightly intimidating.

June 7, 2012 at 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home