This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

7.31.2012

"After all this time?" "Always."


Today is Harry Potter's birthday. It also happens to be J.K. Rowling's birthday. And both of these people have had more of an influence on me than I might care to admit.

I came across this video the other day while surfing through YouTube during lunch. It was fun to see what all the actors in the Harry Potter movies chose as their favorite quotes, but I have to admit I was a little disappointed in some of the responses. ("I don't really remember a lot of my lines..." and "Good luck." Seriously? "Good luck"?) 

So in honor of Harry's birthday, I decided to come up with my own little, off-the-cuff, in-no-way-meant-to-be-all-inclusive list of quotes from the Harry Potter books and movies. I don't have my books with me (sob!), so I can't check the quotes, but here goes.

One per character, obviously. We don't want to get carried away. 

Hagrid: "Never. Insult. Albus Dumbledore. In front of me."
Luna: "Harry Potter, you listen to me right now."
Neville: "I'll join you when Hell freezes over. Dumbledore's Army!"
Fred: "Wow! We're identical."
George: "Wow! We're identical."
Lupin: "Like your mother, you are unfailingly kind--a trait people never seem to undervalue, I'm afraid."
Sirius: "Nice one, James!"
Snape: "Look ... at ... me."
Bellatrix: "I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black."
Draco: "Expelliarmus."
Narcissa: "Is he alive? Draco--is he alive?"
Ron: "If we die for him, I'll kill you, Harry!"
Hermione: "Imagine losing fingernails, Harry! That really puts our sufferings into perspective, doesn't it?"
Harry: "We have something he doesn't: something worth fighting for."
Voldemort/Tom Riddle: "It'll be our little secret."
Dumbledore: "Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic."

So, to all my Harry Potter-loving friends (I know you're out there)--what did I miss? What are your favorites? And what did you do to celebrate Harry's birthday?

4 Comments:

Blogger Charlotte said...

You know how much I love this.

We're having brownies and ice cream to celebrate, even though it's not exactly HP-specific food.

Favorite quotes?

Mrs. Weasley excited about Ron's becoming a prefect: "Now that's everyone in the family!"
Fred/George: "What does that make us? Next door neighbors?"

Hermione: "We could all have been killed! Or worse--expelled."

Dumbledore: "Don't you see my mistake? I loved you too much."

I could go on and on and on. Obviously.

Happy birthday, Harry!

July 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I celebrated by finishing Half Blood Prince yesterday...for the first time ever (gasp, I know!) I've waited forever to jump on the HP train, but now that I have, I love it!

Haven't read them enough times to recall quotes...but I will sometime in the next few times through the series. ;)

July 31, 2012 at 10:53 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

This isn't as much a quote from one of the characters as a FABULOUS description from the first HP book. J.K. Rowling describes Uncle Vernon's face as turning the color of "badly mixed currant ice cream." It's so descriptive! I love it.

August 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Since I just recently finished the series for the first time, I've been collecting my own fav quotes. Here goes:

Dumbledore: (as Harry tells him "Don't worry.") I am not worried, Harry, I am with you.

Luna: I liked the DA too. It was like having friends.

Rufus Scrimgeour: I see you are—
Harry Potter: Dumbledore's man through and through. That's right.

Harry: It's your one last chance, Tom...Be a man...try...Try for some remorse …

But my all-time favorite is the title of your blog post. :)

August 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home