This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

7.26.2012

Lyla Says: San Antonio Edition


Hi, guys. It's Lyla.


Let me tell you something about being a baby. When you get in your car seat, you don't have any idea what you're in for. You might be in there for five minutes, and you might be in there for hours on end. It's anyone's guess, so I've learned it's best to not even try to guess how long it will be and instead just kick back and enjoy the ride.

That's what I did a couple weeks ago. Mom and Dad put me in the car seat, and it turned out to be one of those "hours on end" rides. I sat next to my friends Jarom and Amy. I didn't see Mom and Dad, but I heard their voices, so they must have been close by. When I finally DID get out of the car seat, I found myself in a hotter, more humid place than we left. There was loud music and Mom and Dad started eating like crazy.

I wish I had teeth.

I made a few new friends. I love people who hold me and let me chew on things, and all of my new friends did that. So they're okay in my book.

If I had reached a little further, I totally could have gotten some of that in my mouth.
The next few days were so much fun! I got to ride in my stroller in pretty places with music and air conditioning. Mom kept rubbing my skin with sunscreen and Mom and Dad kept eating more and more food. Mom didn't cook one thing the whole weekend, which I thought was strange.



Those are my friends Jarom, Amy and Clint. Jarom and Amy gave me bottles in the car, and all three of them played with me a lot. I think they are great. 

Daddy carries me around like a princess. I think my dad is the best.

I guess Mom and Dad must have been having a lot of fun, because they didn't even stop when it was my nap time. I didn't mind, though. I have the best daddy in the whole world and he carried me around while I slept. As long as I have my car seat and it's not too noisy, I sleep like a baby. Literally.


They tell me we went to the Alamo. For some reason, I don't remember much of it. 


They also say we went to some Spanish missions. That part I remember. I remember looking at all the old buildings, playing with Mom's face, and laughing when Jarom made faces at me while Mom took pictures.


Even though I had to sit still for a really really REALLY long time in my car seat, I love going on trips like this with Mom and Dad. We also went swimming, ate at some more cool places (no surprise there) and took a fun walk along a beautiful river. I loved all the sights and sounds but got so tired I fell asleep sitting up in my stroller. And any time you're having so much fun you fall asleep sitting up in your stroller, you know you're on a pretty good trip.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarahjeanne said...

What a fun post! Looks like a very fun trip and you better tell her she's in for another "hours on end" trip next week. We can't wait to play with her too!!!

July 26, 2012 at 9:20 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Love this. And glad you guys made it to the true heart of Texas.

July 27, 2012 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home