This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

12.05.2012

Happy, Happy Birthday Kendall Dear

This is my absolute favorite photo taken of me and Kendall, ever.
My brother Kendall and I have lived in the same house for exactly one summer of our lives.

My mom learned she was pregnant with me the day my oldest brother came home from his mission, which means Kendall and I are no fewer than twenty-two years apart. It also means my mother had a very emotional day in June of 1987 (because she was so happy, obviously).

Despite our age difference, Kendall has always treated me like a sister. Not a niece, not a daughter, but a sister. That's always meant a lot to me.


My mom found this gem for me. I'm the oblivious child in the front with Kendall,
his wife Roxanne, and our sister-in-law Becky. Judging by the door, it was Christmastime.
I've said before that Kendall is the perfect oldest for our family. He is level-headed and humble and kind. He works hard without taking himself too seriously. He is one of the funniest people you will ever meet.

Ryan's aunt asked me at my bridal shower if I was related to Kendall Bennett. She told me he had been one of the cool athletes in high school and was always very kind to her, which she had always appreciated. More than twenty years later, Kendall's kindness still touched her. He just has that effect on people.

Kendall back in the '90s.
I know he had that effect on me. I remember particularly when I was fourteen years old and considering getting colored contacts. My eyes are an odd mashup of blues, greens and grays with a hint of yellow in the center, and it bothered me that I couldn't define their color. I had looked at colored contacts at my last optometrist appointment, wondering which color I might choose.

Kendall didn't know anything about this. But one day we sat down to eat at Wendy's and Kendall said, "Bre, did you know you have a really pretty eye color? I've never seen eyes like yours before."

Because of that, I haven't worn colored contacts a day of my life.

The day his oldest son, Devin, came home from his mission. Just this September.
So happy birthday to my oldest brother—the kindest, sweetest, funniest big brother a girl could ask for. I hope you have a smashing day.

9 Comments:

Blogger CarolAnn said...

I don't think I've ever seen your blog before. This was a cute post. I forgot what a good writer you are--even just on a blog! Hope you guys are doing good.

December 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

December 5, 2012 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I didn't realize your mom found out she was pregnant the day Kendall returned. Awesome. I love your birthday series. Gonna write about the sisters-in-law next year? :)

December 5, 2012 at 11:11 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

This is so cute. I need to write about my siblings on their birthdays and share memories of them! My sister's birthday is on Friday, so maybe I'll start with hers. :)

December 6, 2012 at 1:08 AM  
Blogger tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Feliz Aniversário Kendall,que Deus te abençoe.
Parabéns Breanna por post e família linda.

December 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM  
Blogger Kendog said...

Thank you little sis :) Love.

December 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM  
Blogger Breanna said...

Good idea! :)

December 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger Breanna said...

They are fun to write. Go for it!

December 6, 2012 at 2:12 PM  
Blogger JeNnA said...

I love that you write about your brothers. And I was always in awe at how much older your siblings were than you. I had one of your brothers for my biology teacher and loved him as my teacher! But couldn't believe he was your brother! I also love how tiny your sweet baby girl is! Happy Birthday to her! (I visited with your mom in the temple the other day when we were in Rexburg! She still knows me :))

December 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home