This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

10.29.2013

Awkward & Awesome

One of my favorite bloggers has a running series called Awkward and Awesome, and you guys, doesn't that just perfectly sum up life, the universe, and everything? It's awkward or it's awesome. Sometimes both. So I had to "borrow" her idea, which I feel okay about because I think she "borrowed" it too.

So without further ado ...

Awkward
• I'm reading J.K. Rowling/Robert Galbraith's new book The Cuckoo's Calling, and I'm really loving it. But every time I go to recommend it to someone I remember how many times she/he uses the F-word (which I've learned to just gloss over in my reading and I hardly notice anymore), and the conversation gets really ... well, you know.
• At stake conference this weekend we saw an old friend of mine from college. She was in my ward my very first semester when I was 18. She commented on how "grown up" I was and how "mature" I acted. Later Ryan asked, "So, what were you like back then?" Umm ...
• Calling my new friends the wrong name in public. Being the new kid is hard.
• The giraffe profile picture thing on Facebook. How is this a thing?
• The Mormon board games I wrote about on UtahValley360. I usually shy away from promoting my own articles, but the games I found for this one are too good not to share.

Awesome
• We were at church the other day when Lyla stood, turned and crashed head first into the wooded frame of a chair. She staggered backward, fell on her bum, and sat still. When I reached down to help her, she gave me a high five and said "Yeah!"
• A new Captain America 2 trailer. And Catching Fire. And Ender's Game. I don't know which movie to the most excited for.
• Nora has slept six hours straight for the last three nights. Awesome babies FTW.
• Pumpkin bread mix from Trader Joe's. Buy it. You'll love it.
• My awesome nephew is getting married in a couple weeks to the most adorable girl. Their wedding announcement came the other day. Horray for growing families!

6 Comments:

Blogger Nathan French said...

Love the "Awkward and Awesome" concept. Can't wait to see the next one. :) Keep up the great work! Miss you guys.

October 29, 2013 at 12:57 PM  
Blogger katilda said...

Ahhh I love this so so much! Borrow away! (You're right, I'm by no means the initiator of this idea. And I'm not sure who is.) I feel like commenting and agreeing with so many of the things above...such as, I always run into that awkward F-word situation when I recommend thing. I feel like I have to over compensate and remind them that I have standards. haha. And for reals, that giraffe thing? WHAT IS IT

October 29, 2013 at 2:06 PM  
Blogger sarahjeanne said...

I LOVE the story of Lyla! Haha! So awesome! And I'm pretty impressed with the number of awkward Mormon games you found. Book of Mormon Battles might be my fave.

October 29, 2013 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger Breanna said...

Thank you, Nate! We miss you guys too. Hopefully we can make it up to Idaho one of these Christmases.

October 30, 2013 at 8:10 AM  
Blogger Breanna said...

Katie, you found my blog! I've been starstruck all day! :) Thanks for the idea. I love your blog and think you're doing great things. Keep up the good work!

October 30, 2013 at 8:11 AM  
Blogger Breanna said...

Book of Mormon Battles was a good one. Who Wants to Be a Celestial Heir makes me giggle every time I think about it. Also, there were so many great things about "Mortality" I ended up cutting out of the article. Basically they're all fantastic. We're excited to see you in a couple weeks!

October 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home