This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

4.19.2011

I'm Going to Miss This

The other day I was driving to work, even though I didn't really want to. I was exhausted. I was impatient with the rainy weather and hadn't gotten out of the house as early as I'd hoped. I wasn't feeling well and couldn't wait until this summer when Ryan and I can commute together. Even though nothing really bad was happening, I honestly just wanted the day to pass. 

I hadn't paid much attention to the radio, but as I came around the curve on University Parkway I became vaguely aware that a slow, swanky country song was on. That happens sometimes when Ryan is last to drive the car, but I didn't bother changing.

The song was pretty cheesy and really didn't have anything to do with my situation, but for some reason I felt like it did. It was about raising children and how the phases they go through pass more quickly than you think they will. Maybe it was because I felt a bit like a child, or because I was so tired, or because the song reminded me of another I heard a while ago, but at that moment I felt one thing and one thing only (and I apologize for the somewhat cliché sentiment):

You're gonna miss this.

By the time I came to the intersection of State and University I had realized—or perhaps more accurately, remembered—that the days I had wished away just moments ago actually would fly by. That a month from now, I'll wonder where April went. A year from now, I'll look back at the time Ryan and I spent at Wymount away from Idaho for the first time and figuring out how to be a family of our own.

Five years from now, I am going to miss the nights when Ryan and I sat in the front room telling each other every detail of our days and discussing important things like why my co-worker doesn't celebrate his birthday or what time we should get in line for the upcoming BYU game. 

I'm going to miss this. 

And since then, I've noticed the way Ryan's smile gets bigger when the end of the semester gets closer. I've rediscovered my love for cooking and buried myself deeper in good books. I've called my parents on the phone more often and even created a themed family home evening for Ryan and I. Because when I miss this, I want to have a lot to remember.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Not cheesy at all Bre. I totally get this, because I catch myself feeling like this a lot. I have to tell myself the same thing - that I'll look back on this time later and wish I was there again. Thanks for the post - it was a really good reminder. :)

April 20, 2011 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger JeNnA said...

Well written!!!! I have been feeling the same way lately!!!!

April 20, 2011 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I'm a country music fan, so I already love that song, but it's so true! I have to remind myself that later on I'm going to miss those days when all Andrew and I had to do was drive to work and take care of our apartment. :)

April 20, 2011 at 11:33 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

What a great post! And a good reminder for us all to soak up every day and every chapter of our lives. Love it! Love you!

April 21, 2011 at 11:42 AM  
Blogger LeaDawn said...

I have totally been feeling the same. I was telling Daniel the other day that we need to do more interesting stuff & take pictures so that we have something to remember and look back on.

April 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Jenn J. said...

Great post! I was reading an article today where the guy said, "Days are long, but years are short." One thing I can certainly testify to is that years really are short! I'm convinced that the older I get, the faster time goes by. I agree that we should definitely enjoy every minute while we can. :)

April 25, 2011 at 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home