This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

11.10.2011

So ... Pregnancy

So I don't know if you've heard, but we're having a baby. Soon. Horray!

37 weeks
I planned to write about this little adventure called pregnancy later, but the doctor seems to think this little girl is well on her way. When he told me that, I got really excited to have her, then suddenly became very nostalgic about being pregnant. I can't wait to meet her, but I've loved carrying her around with me too. So here are some musings on the last eight and a half months, in the order I thought of them.

1. I absolutely LOVE being pregnant. I realize this is rare. And a blessing, which I try every day not to take for granted. I have a few aches and pains, feel a little woozy once in a while, but overall pregnancy has been wonderful to me. My hair has never been thicker, my skin's never been clearer, I love feeling the baby move around inside me, and I've been able to stay on top of the hunger/sleepiness pretty well. I'm expecting (hoping?) labor will be just as wonderful.

2. I'm excited to give birth. Everything about labor and delivery sounds exciting and beautiful. (Cute? No. Beautiful? Yes.) I can't wait to be admitted, watch the monitors, feel the progression, go through labor and finally meet my little Lyla.

3. Yes, Lyla. That's her name, in case you haven't heard. She'll be named after her great-grandpa Lyle and her grandma Lylene. We love her name.

4. Cravings were as strong as I expected, but not nearly as dramatic. When I wanted something salty, I really wanted it. But there were never any 2 a.m. runs to KFC for their mashed potatoes or anything. I guess you can't believe everything you see on TV.

5. I designed, pieced and hand-quilted a cute little quilt for her. I love it and I loved thinking of her while I made it. I think this might merit its own post, actually. Hold that thought.

6. Ryan is going to be a really good dad. Seriously—the best. He's so cute about picking things out for her, and sometimes he talks to my stomach. It's so tender.

7. Speaking of Ryan, the other day he came in the bedroom when I was just waking up. He smiled and said, "How's my girl ... I mean, girls?" At that moment I felt exactly two things: first, excitement to have another girl in our family. And second, complete adoration for the man who loves this little girl as much as I do.

8. When we were talking about getting pregnant, I checked my work handbook and saw I didn't qualify for maternity leave until next February. We almost postponed because of that, but ultimately decided against it. Two months later, we found out why. I'm so glad she's coming when she is.

9. I hardly gained any weight at all until the third trimester started. And then ... I gained weight. A lot of weight.

10. We are putting the finishing touches on her room today. There is some serious nesting going on over here, and it's pretty adorable in all of its pink, brown and aqua glory.

11. When I went to the doctor after our miscarriage over a year ago, the nurse said, "Everything is going to be OK. You won't believe me until you hold a healthy baby in your arms, but trust me. Things will be OK." I remember feeling like I wouldn't hold that baby for a long, long time. But now, it's just days away. I can hardly believe it's really here.

12. Our friend asked us the other day if we were ready to be parents. My answer? "Ready or not."

But the car seat is buckled in. Her clothes, diapers and pacifiers are all organized. Her bottles will be washed by the end of the day.

So come when you're ready, Lyla. We're ready when you are.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great photo, great post. We're so happy for you guys!!

November 10, 2011 at 1:33 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

SO excited for you both! Can't wait for Lyla's grand entrance! Keep us posted!

November 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Sadie Lynn said...

SO happy for you. It is such a miracle and your life will forever be changed because of it. For the better!

November 10, 2011 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Natasha said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you Bre!!! You should email me or message me your address, I have something to send your little girl :)

November 10, 2011 at 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! We're SO excited to meet her. She's going to be gorgeous, you know! I can't wait to get that call (text?) and a picture when she does decide to come! :)

November 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I had no idea you had a miscarriage, Bre, and I'm so sorry to hear that -- but so happy that Lyla is on her way! You and Ryan will make wonderful parents, and I know she'll feel your love for her.

November 10, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home