This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

11.08.2012

Happy Birthday, Greg

If you had asked me when I was six years old, I would have told you my brother Greg was the coolest guy on the planet. He was athletic and fun, kind and straightforward, and he had a lot of friends. When he gave up a starting position on the basketball team to star in his high school musical Oklahoma!, I was pretty sure there had never been a cooler, more confident person at Hillcrest High School (and not just because the school had only opened the year before).

Today, that opinion hasn't changed much. I still think Greg is pretty cool, and I still harbor an undying love for Oklahoma! (and Rodgers & Hammerstein in general). Greg is always the one who calls everyone in the family to make sure we all know what's going on, and in that way, he helps keep our family close. I love him for that.

Today is Greg's birthday, and even though he's turning 37, he's still my youngest brother, the one closest to me in age. That means that I actually remember the day he opened his mission call and I remember taking him to the MTC--the only sibling I remember doing that with.

Greg as a missionary in Australia. Photo taken from Facebook.
I remember getting news that he was going to propose to his then-girlfriend-now-wife Adria, and I remember the first time I met her. I went to Greg's house for a blessing when I was single and living in Provo in 2008. Last time I sat down with him, I talked to him about being a parent--something we have in common now. And because of the difference in our ages, it's pretty cool to me that we finally have something like that in common.

When I think of Greg, I think of how he and Adria invite Ryan, Lyla and I over for dinner a lot, and I've loved having that time with them before we move to Texas. I think of BYU football games and watching them at his house. Lyla loves playing with Greg's kids, and his house feels like a home away from home to me. Greg has the best taste in TV shows and has introduced me to some of my favorites. Friday Night Lights, anyone? Sherlock?

Greg is the one wrestling Ryan. He is also hilarious.
Greg, like everyone in my family, has a quick wit and fantastic sense of humor. He is a writer like me. He is one of my role models.

Happy birthday, Greg! Hope your day is as fantastic as you are.

4 Comments:

Blogger kateamysarah said...

Thank you so much for writing these kind words about Greg and our family. One of the reasons I accepted his proposal was that I knew what a wonderful brother and son he was to his family. I was pretty sure that meant he would be a fantastic husband and father. I was right :)

November 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Amém para o primeiro comentário.FELIZ ANIVERSÁRIO PARA O CARA LEGAL,DEUS TE ABENÇOE.

November 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I love that you blog about your siblings' birthdays. I should do that (although none of them read my blog, so it doesn't really matter). :)

November 9, 2012 at 9:01 PM  
Blogger Jeanette said...

I love these sibling posts! Great job, Breanna! I can't wait for the next installment on you-know-who! :)

November 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home