This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://breannaolaveson.com

Redirecting to new site…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
body { background:#fff; margin:0; padding:40px 20px; font:x-small Georgia,Serif; text-align:center; color:#333; font-size/* */:/**/small; font-size: /**/small; } a:link { color:#58a; text-decoration:none; } a:visited { color:#969; text-decoration:none; } a:hover { color:#c60; text-decoration:underline; } a img { border-width:0; } /* Header ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #header { width:660px; margin:0 auto 10px; border:1px solid #ccc; } } @media handheld { #header { width:90%; } } #blog-title { margin:5px 5px 0; padding:20px 20px .25em; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:1px 1px 0; font-size:200%; line-height:1.2em; font-weight:normal; color:#666; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } #blog-title a { color:#666; text-decoration:none; } #blog-title a:hover { color:#c60; } #description { margin:0 5px 5px; padding:0 20px 20px; border:1px solid #eee; border-width:0 1px 1px; max-width:700px; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Content ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { #content { width:660px; margin:0 auto; padding:0; text-align:left; } #main { width:410px; float:left; } #sidebar { width:220px; float:right; } } @media handheld { #content { width:90%; } #main { width:100%; float:none; } #sidebar { width:100%; float:none; } } /* Headings ----------------------------------------------- */ h2 { margin:1.5em 0 .75em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } /* Posts ----------------------------------------------- */ @media all { .date-header { margin:1.5em 0 .5em; } .post { margin:.5em 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } } @media handheld { .date-header { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } .post { padding:0 1.5em 0 1.5em; } } .post-title { margin:.25em 0 0; padding:0 0 4px; font-size:140%; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.4em; color:#c60; } .post-title a, .post-title a:visited, .post-title strong { display:block; text-decoration:none; color:#c60; font-weight:normal; } .post-title strong, .post-title a:hover { color:#333; } .post div { margin:0 0 .75em; line-height:1.6em; } p.post-footer { margin:-.25em 0 0; color:#ccc; } .post-footer em, .comment-link { font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .post-footer em { font-style:normal; color:#999; margin-right:.6em; } .comment-link { margin-left:.6em; } .post img { padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; } .post blockquote { margin:1em 20px; } .post blockquote p { margin:.75em 0; } /* Comments ----------------------------------------------- */ #comments h4 { margin:1em 0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; color:#999; } #comments h4 strong { font-size:130%; } #comments-block { margin:1em 0 1.5em; line-height:1.6em; } #comments-block dt { margin:.5em 0; } #comments-block dd { margin:.25em 0 0; } #comments-block dd.comment-timestamp { margin:-.25em 0 2em; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } #comments-block dd p { margin:0 0 .75em; } .deleted-comment { font-style:italic; color:gray; } .paging-control-container { float: right; margin: 0px 6px 0px 0px; font-size: 80%; } .unneeded-paging-control { visibility: hidden; } /* Sidebar Content ----------------------------------------------- */ #sidebar ul { margin:0 0 1.5em; padding:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; list-style:none; } #sidebar li { margin:0; padding:0 0 .25em 15px; text-indent:-15px; line-height:1.5em; } #sidebar p { color:#666; line-height:1.5em; } /* Profile ----------------------------------------------- */ #profile-container { margin:0 0 1.5em; border-bottom:1px dotted #ccc; padding-bottom:1.5em; } .profile-datablock { margin:.5em 0 .5em; } .profile-img { display:inline; } .profile-img img { float:left; padding:4px; border:1px solid #ddd; margin:0 8px 3px 0; } .profile-data { margin:0; font:bold 78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } .profile-data strong { display:none; } .profile-textblock { margin:0 0 .5em; } .profile-link { margin:0; font:78%/1.4em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Arial,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Footer ----------------------------------------------- */ #footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; } /* Feeds ----------------------------------------------- */ #blogfeeds { } #postfeeds { }

8.11.2013

34 Weeks and About That Book

34 weeks
Remember how right when I got to the hospital, the doctor said I would easily make it to full term? Then she changed her mind and said we should start to aim for 34 weeks?

Well, we're there! My doctor says this is a big milestone because if Nora is born now, the chances of brain damage are significantly lower than they were before. Now we're working on lung development, which will take another few weeks.

So we're looking ahead to 37, which is the new 40 because I learned a while ago I could pretty much kiss my chances of making it to my due date goodbye. Thirty-seven weeks is considered full term, and babies—especially little girls, interestingly enough—usually do fine when they make it that far. Three more weeks to go!

My doctor appointment this week was an emotional roller coaster. The first thing out of the ultrasound tech's mouth was, "There's no funneling!" I breathed a sigh of relief and Ryan gave me a high five. Then she said, "Oh, wait. There it is." And when I asked about cervical length? "You don't want to know."

So I began planning my week in the hospital and tried not to cry while she did the rest of Nora's measurements, which are thankfully all looking perfect. I told Ryan I was sorry, which he wouldn't accept, because he said there was nothing at all to be sorry about.

But then the doctor told me she was all right with letting me stay home because she knew I had a strong support system. She even got a little teary when she said, "You don't know how lucky you are. You are going to have your baby and take her home healthy because of that man right there"—she pointed to Ryan—"and because of your mom."

Nora and I are two very lucky girls. I remember that every day.

I also decided this week that it was time to finish up that book of mine and send it off to the publisher—again. You might remember that when I submitted it the first time, they sent it back for revisions and asked me to resubmit after I made the changes they wanted. I cut over 100 pages, then had my dad do a round of edits, then read it through one more time before I sent it.

When it was all polished and ready to go, I sent it off and we celebrated with a bowl of ice cream. The publisher thanked me for my resubmission and said I would hear from them in a couple months. I plan to be super busy around then with newborn cuddling and head smelling, but maybe I can make time to read their response.

Nora is a wiggle worm and a delight. She woke me up with hiccups this morning—14 hours before she usually gets them, so that was weird. She kicks her dad every time he puts his hand on my stomach and I'm 50 percent sure she responds to Lyla's voice.

So there's the update—I got to spend another week at home, finishing my book while Nora grew to be big and strong and fun. Bring on another week, bed rest! And please let my doctor appointment this week be less eventful than the last.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lylene said...

We will make it. You are doing a great job of doing what the doctor says.

August 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM  
Blogger Sarah Kathleen Eyring said...

The Eyrings are cheering for you!

August 11, 2013 at 10:35 PM  
Blogger DIY&How said...

You sure did get a great man, Bre, and he is lucky to have you! Mal and I are rooting and praying for you guys!

August 11, 2013 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger LeaDawn said...

You did it Bre! Keep up the good work!

August 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM  
Blogger Breanna said...

Thank you, Sarah! The Eyrings are one of my favorite families. :)

August 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM  
Blogger Breanna said...

Thanks Brett! I'm excited for you two and your fun wedding plans! I really wish we could make it out to Utah for the wedding, but we will be with you in spirit.

August 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM  
Blogger tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Deus está no comando,e quando este bebe chegar as alegrias serão redobradas.DEUS TEABENÇOE!

August 12, 2013 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Hooray! Every day, every week is such a milestone when you are on bedrest. I am glad your wonderful mom is there with you!

August 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home